- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Jenna Dewan and Luke Goss are attached to star in “Magdalena,” an adaptation of a comic book featuring a hot holy warrior. Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Motion Pictures, Platinum Studios and Top Cow Prods. are behind the project.
Dewan is set to play Patience, a woman who discovers that she’s a part of the lineage of female warriors descended from Mary Magdalene who fight supernatural evil.
Goss will play Kristof, an agent sent by the secret organization that has been the guardian of the lineage.
The actors will be at Top Cow’s panel at Comic-Con this weekend in San Diego.
Hurd and Platinum chairman and CEO Scott Mitchell Rosenberg are producing. Valhalla’s Gary Ventimiglia, who was instrumental in bringing Dewan and Goss to the project, is executive producing.
Top Cow CEO Marc Silvestri also is exec producing, as is former Universal senior executive Randy Greenberg. Top Cow president Matt Hawkins is set to co-produce.
Dewan, repped by WMA and Luber Roklin Entertainment, has three films in the can, including the comedies “The Six Wives of Henry Lefay,” “The Jerk Theory” and the romantic thriller “Wonderwall.”
Goss co-stars in Guillermo del Toro’s “Hellboy II: The Golden Army” and appears in the upcoming sci-fi thriller “Tekken,” based on the popular video and arcade game. He is repped by Fortitude, DW Management and Luber Roklin Entertainment. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day