- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gannett Co. said Monday that its July revenue dropped 4.3% as its print advertising fell and broadcasting ad revenue continued sluggish trends. The publisher of USA Today said pro forma operating revenue for the month fell to $626.1 million. Newspaper ad revenue dropped 6.1%, with broadcasting revenue down 4.6%. For the year-to-date, Gannett said its revenue is down 2.9%, with newspaper revenue down 4% and broadcasting revenue off by 6.2%.
Grupo adds Editorial Atlantida
Mexican media firm Grupo Televisa said Monday that it has signed an agreement to buy Argentine magazine publisher Editorial Atlantida SA. The companies didn’t disclose financial details. Atlantida publishes 11 magazine titles in Argentina and sold 12.8 million copies in 2006. It also publishes books and operates Internet sites. Televisa is Mexico’s largest TV broadcaster and the world’s biggest producer of Spanish-language TV programming.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day