- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Video Web site Metacafe said Tuesday that it has raised $30 million in a Series C funding round led by Highland Capital Partners and DAG Ventures. Also participating were previous investors Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital. Metacafe, which boasts more than 20 million unique visitors monthly, struck a deal this month with Universal Pictures allowing Metacafe users to create their own “The Bourne Ultimatum” trailers using film clips, special effects and music tracks from the movie.
Endemol gets Mo
Television content producer Endemol has taken a 25% stake in British multimedia production company MoMedia, Endemol parent Mediaset said Tuesday. The $30 million deal for MoMedia capped a busy day for Mediaset. In addition to the indirect acquisition of MoMedia, Italian stock market regulator Consob said that the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority took a 2.1% stake in Mediaset, a deal worth about $220 million. The deal makes the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority Mediaset’s third-largest shareholder.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day