- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Salma Hayek will star in and produce an untitled romantic comedy that Walt Disney Pictures picked up from scribes Ed Decter and John Strauss. Jose Tamez, Hayek’s partner at Ventanarosa, also is on board as a producer.
The story follows a conservative doctor who gets the surprise of his life when he learns that the ex-boyfriend of his fiancee (Hayek) is an international Latin superstar who has come to Los Angeles to win her back.
LouAnne Brickhouse is overseeing for Disney.
Decter and Strauss’ credits include Disney’s “The Santa Clause 2” and “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause” and the animated movie “The Wild.” Decter also directed “The New Guy.” The duo is repped by Endeavor.
Hayek is doing voice work on Disney’s “South of the Border.” She also is an exec producer of ABC’s “Ugly Betty,” which is up for 11 Emmys, including one for Hayek for guest actress in a comedy series.
Hayek is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Edelstein, Laird & Sobel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day