- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Discovery Communications is further extending its brand beyond the TV screen. On Monday, it unveiled Discovery Adventures, an adventure-travel brand that will offer trips to destinations like those featured in the company’s programming.
The cable networks firm has partnered with adventure-travel firm G.A.P. Adventures to help create what they hope will become a pre-eminent travel brand.
Financial details weren’t disclosed.
More than 30 trips to worldwide destinations will be available when its Web site launches in July.
The new venture is a key step in Discovery’s off-air expansion designed to let viewers immerse themselves in the brand.
It also has launched the lifestyle sub-brand Discovery Expedition, which will provide a collection of rugged products.
Discovery’s initial focus is on developing partnerships and branded products with companies in the apparel, accessories, electronics and equipment spaces. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day