- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The satellite TV company, led by Charlie Ergen, posted earnings of $324 million, compared with $213 million in the year-ago quarter. Revenue rose to $3.83 billion from $3.69 billion. The financials exceeded Wall Street expectations.
Dish lost 81,000 net pay TV subscribers in the latest period to end June with 13.93 million. In the second quarter of 2014, the company had lost 44,000 net subscribers.
The company this quarter started including subscribers for its Sling TV streaming service, but didn’t detail how many of those it added in the second quarter or how many it had in total at the end of June.
However, pay TV average revenue per user for the second quarter rose to $87.91, compared with $84.15 in the year-ago period.
The satellite TV giant added 4,000 net broadband subscribers, bringing its total to about 595,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day