- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The satellite TV company, led by Charlie Ergen, posted earnings of $196 million, compared with $146 million in the year-ago quarter. The latest figure came in ahead of Wall Street estimates. Quarterly revenue rose to $3.73 billion from $3.68 billion, coming in slightly below forecasts.
Dish lost 23,000 net pay TV subscribers in the latest quarter to end September with 13.909 million. In the third quarter of 2014, the company had lost 12,000 net subscribers.
The company once again included subscribers for its Sling TV streaming service, but didn’t detail how many of those it added in the quarter or how many it had in total at the end of September.
Pay TV average revenue per user for the third quarter increased to $86.33, compared with $84.39 in the year-ago period.
The satellite TV giant also said it added 13,000 net broadband subscribers in the third quarter, bringing its total to about 608,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day