- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney confirmed Sunday that John Pleasants and James Pitaro will split oversight of its Disney Interactive Media Group, as The Hollywood Reporter reported exclusively Friday.
Pleasants will oversee Disney’s games business across all digital platforms while Pitaro will oversee the Disney Online unit. Both of these branches were previously run by Steve Wadsworth, who resigned earlier this month.
“Our rapidly growing Disney digital businesses will benefit greatly from the deep experience and distinct leadership skills shown by John and Jimmy,” said CEO Bob Iger in a statement. “John has shown incredible agility and skill in helping companies achieve success in the ever-shifting digital games business, while Jimmy has vast knowledge of the online world and has been hugely successful at creating and building audiences around branded online content.”
Both will begin at Disney on Oct. 18. Pleasants, who will continue to run Playdom, will be based in San Francisco while Pitaro will remain in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day