- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Walt Disney International president Andy Bird on Thursday an-nounced the appointment of Mahesh Samat as managing director of Mumbai-based Walt Disney Company India.
Reporting to Bird, Samat will join WDCI in January and manage all of the existing Disney businesses in India, with the exception of the ESPN/ Star Sports joint venture with News Corp.’s Star network.
Samat fills the position vacated by Rajat Jain, who resigned in March and joined Mumbai-based mobile company Mobile2Win after finishing up his contract with WDCI in August.
“International growth is of particular importance to Disney and Mahesh’s experiences within India and worldwide will serve Disney well as we grow all of our businesses in this market,” Bird said.
Samat comes to Disney from Johnson & Johnson, where he was managing director, southern Europe for J&J Vision Care. He spent an earlier stint with Kellogg’s in India.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day