- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walt Disney Co. said Thursday it has elevated Leslie Ferraro to president of Disney Consumer Products, taking the spot vacated when her predecessor, Bob Chapek, was named chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts in February.
Disney has been shaking up its executive ranks after the promotion three months ago of Thomas Staggs, who was named COO, paving the way for Chapek’s promotion. The promotion of Staggs makes him the heir apparent for CEO when Robert Iger retires from that spot in mid-2018.
In her new role, Ferraro will report to Iger and Staggs.
Ferraro is a 16-year veteran of Disney, most recently serving as executive vp global marketing, sales and travel operations for Parks and Resorts. She joined in 1999 as a director of marketing for that unit.
“Having managed worldwide marketing and sales for one of our largest businesses, she brings a global perspective and deep knowledge of the company and its brands to her new position,” Iger said Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day