- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney has picked up the action-thriller pitch “Hexum” from scribe David Arata in a seven-figure deal.
Sean Bailey is producing through his Disney-based Idealogy banner.
Details of the plot have not been disclosed, but it is known to feature a worst-case scenario analyst by the name of Hexum working for the government.
The hope is that the character can become a franchise much in the same way the character of Ben Gates has become one with the studio’s “National Treasure” movies.
Endeavor-repped Arata, along with four other scribes, was nominated for an Oscar for his work on writing the adaptation of the Alfonso Cuaron-directed “Children of Men.” His credits include “Spy Game” and “Brokedown Palace.”
Idealogy is developing an adaptation of Marcus Sakey’s debut novel, “The Blade Itself,” which Bailey is producing with Ben Affleck. Other projects include “Tron,” with Joseph Kosinski directing, and “Liberty.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day