- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dan Mintz’s DMG Entertainment said Monday that its investment arm, DMG Capital Group, will invest $300 million in the entertainment, technology and media sectors.
DMG Capital has offices in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley and said it would partner with “top entrepreneurs, operators and complementary growth or private equity capital firms looking to expand globally, particularly into China’s lucrative market.”
It mentioned immersive media, gaming, licensing, film, television (broadband, pay TV and free TV), e-commerce, mobile and over-the-top, as well as software and services tied to media, entertainment and communications industries as its focus areas.
“We’re committed to partnering with the best and brightest innovators and taking them to the next level as we leverage our strategic insights and experience to help them grow,” said Mintz.
Headquartered in Beverly Hills, DMG Entertainment’s films include Looper, Iron Man 3 and the upcoming Bastards with Owen Wilson and Ed Helms, John Curran’s Chappaquiddick and The Pact starring Leslie Mann and John Cena. Mintz made a name for himself by building a media company that has been very active in China.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day