- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two companies partnered in the project and over the past months equipped Dolby Live, which now features an integrated Dolby Atmos playback system, which was designed, calibrated and tuned by Dolby engineers for the 5,200-seat theater.
The companies expect it will be used primarily for live concerts, though it has the capability to support additional live events in Dolby Atmos, such as musicals and esports events.
The Dolby Atmos immersive sound system is available at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and hundreds of Dolby Cinemas. “As we continue to grow our presence in music, Dolby Live will offer consumers more ways to enjoy a Dolby Atmos experience while deepening and expanding our engagements with the artist community,” said Dolby president/CEO Kevin Yeaman in a statement.
The launch of Dolby Live follows the debut of Dolby’s recent consumer campaign for Dolby Atmos Music, featuring artists including Billie Eilish and The Weeknd.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day