- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Wars: The Force Awakens has become so big, even political attack ads are being intertwined with the film.
On Tuesday, GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump posted a short video on Facebook taking aim at President Obama for going to see the new space adventure installment rather than, as the ad claims, fighting terrorism.
The 15-second spot begins with the statement “We are in a serious war” before showing news footage of the recent terrorists attacks at home and abroad. The footage stops to show the next statement: “Our president is busy with another war.” Obama then reports he is on his way to see the movie.
Music sounding similar to John Williams’ distinctive “Imperial March,” or Darth Vader theme, plays throughout the ad.
Obama made the comment that he was going to see The Force Awakens during his end of year news conference on Dec. 18.
The White House hosted a screening of the movie in the WH private theater, with First Lady Michele Obama greeting children of Gold Star families, an organization founded in 2005 by individuals who lost family members in the Iraq War.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day