- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syndicated talk show “Dr. Phil” has been renewed through the 2013-2014 season in 70% of the country, including 20 of the top 25 markets.
The three-year renewal will take “Dr. Phil,” now in its eighth year, through its 12th season. The strip starring Phil McGraw was reupped by stations from the CBS TV group, Gannett Broadcasting, Belo, Media General, LIN Television, Sinclair, Dispatch Broadcasting, Cox, Midwest Broadcasting among others.
“Dr. Phil” was created by Harpo Prods. and is produced by Peteski Prods. in association with CBS TV Distribution. Carla Pennington is the executive producer.
Since its debut in September 2002, the series has been ranked second among all daytime talk shows behind “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
McGraw is the subject of two recent lawsuits filed by former participants on the show claiming inappropriate behavior on his part.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day