- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dream Balloon Prods. is moving forward with the development of a feature-length animated musical titled “Snowyville,” based on helmer Michael Attardi’s animated short “Once Upon a Christmas Village.”
The latest news from the company is that celebrity pop artist Nicolosi will collaborate with production art director Paul “Kit” Stolen and Attardi on several aspects of art design for the film as well as the marketing and after-market properties.
In “Christmas Village,” a musical comedy featuring the voices of Tim Curry and Jim Belushi, Santa Claus drops his magical watch under a Christmas tree, bringing to life a miniature village at the base of the tree.
Attardi is writing and producing “Snowyville” with Andy van Roon. Production, which Attardi said would combine CG animation with live-action backgrounds and incorporate motion capture, is scheduled to begin at Dream Balloon in October.
Jeff Scheetz will serve as animation director and Lee Stringer will be set designer. Dani Donadi will compose the music for the film. Ron Thornton is the line producer. John Hadity will executive produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day