- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Billy Bob Thornton has joined the cast of DreamWorks’ thriller “Eagle Eye.”
Anthony Mackie also is joining the production.
Rosario Dawson, Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan already have been cast in the film, which is being directed by D.J. Caruso.
The story revolves around a young man (LaBeouf) and a single mother (Monaghan) who are framed as terrorists and forced to become members of a cell with plans to carry out a political assassination. Thornton will play a patriotic hero who works with the government to do the right thing. Mackie will play a hot-shot soldier who helps save the day. Dawson plays a government agent.
Hillary Seitz penned the latest draft, with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci overseeing the script and producing though their DreamWorks-based shingle alongside Pat Crowley and Ed McDonnell.
Thornton, who recently appeared in “Mr. Woodcock” and will be seen in the upcoming “The Informers,” is repped by CAA, Geyer Kosinski and attorney Bob Myman.
Mackie, whose credits include “We Are Marshall,” is repped by Endeavor and Inspire Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day