- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dubai, United Arab Emirates — The Dubai International Film Festival will screen “The Day After Peace” during its Rhythm and Reels segment, organizers said Sunday.
Jeremy Gilley’s documentary follows a 10-year journey to establish an international day of cease-fire and nonviolence and features appearances by Jude Law, Angelina Jolie, the Dalai Lama, Annie Lennox and Kofi Annan.
“It is important to our mandate that we encourage screening and production of films that raise interest towards a cause of global concern,” DIFF artistic director Masoud Amralla al Ali said.
The film is screening Sunday at London’s Royal Albert Hall and will be followed by performances from Lennox, Bryan Adams and John Legend, among others.
“It is amazing that DIFF is raising awareness” for the day of cease-fire, director Jeremy Gilley said. “I am really delighted that the film will be taking part in the Dubai International Film Festival. It is a great honor for us. I thank the organizers for doing that. I thank the people of Dubai who will be watching the film, spreading the word, because it is only by working together that we will create Peace One Day.”
The Dubai International Film Festival is set for Dec. 11-18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day