- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Roberts is going to the dogs. The teen actress has signed on to star in DreamWorks’ live-action canine film “Hotel for Dogs.”
Based on Lois Duncan’s novel, the story revolves around two orphaned teenagers who hide dozens of stray dogs in an abandoned hotel. Thor Freudenthal will make his feature directorial debut on the film, which was penned by Jeff Lowell.
Lauren Shuler Donner, Jack Leslie and Jon Gordon are producing.
DreamWorks’ Marc Haimes and Chloe Dan are shepherding the project on behalf of president of production Adam Goodman.
Roberts, whose big-screen credits include “Nancy Drew” and “Aquamarine,” recently signed on to reprise her role as the teen detective in a “Nancy Drew” sequel. In March, she was named ShoWest Female Star of Tomorrow.
She is repped by manager David Sweeney and attorney Neil Meyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day