- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
E! Entertainment Television has greenlighted six special installments of “The Soup” for summer, meaning that the Joel McHale-hosted show will expand two nights a week starting June 18.
“Soup,” one of E!’s top-rated shows, features McHale making tongue-in-cheek remarks on pop culture events and over-the-top reality television and talk-show moments.
The network is planning to air the six new weekly half-hour specials at 10 p.m. Mondays. (“Soup” also will continue to air during its regular slot at 10 p.m. Fridays.) The specials will include fresh commentary from McHale on the funniest moments in entertainment featured on “The Soup” from the past year.
Airing under the banner “The Soup Presents,” the specials will feature topics including “The Best of the Worst Dating Show Moments” (June 18) and “The Best of the Worst Talk Show Moments” (June 25) along with specials revolving around talent show clips (July 16) and commercials (July 23).
A two-part special, tentatively titled “The Soup Presents: Half Year Best Of,” recapping the first six months of 2007, is set to air July 2 and 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day