- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DreamWorks’ “Eagle Eye” added a soupcon of spark to the foreign circuit during the weekend, but Universal’s “Mamma Mia!” dominated overseas for a fourth consecutive frame, grossing an estimated $15.3 million from 4,562 screens in 48 territories.
“Eye” opened through Paramount on 1,043 screens in 13 markets and earned $4.2 million, qualifying for the weekend’s No. 5 spot. Best of the bows was Australia, where the film snared $1.4 million from 206 situations.
The spectacular foreign run for “Mamma Mia!” continues apace as the smash musical adaptation improved 1% from last weekend’s international tally. The film’s overseas gross stands at $356.4 million, 21/2 times its domestic take.
Placing second overseas on the weekend was Pixar/Disney’s “WALL-E,” which drew $11.1 million from 3,491 screens in 33 markets, lifting its overseas cume to $215.4 million — only $5.1 million shy of its domestic tally. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day