- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Visual effects veteran Richard Edlund will receive the American Society of Cinematographers Presidents Award.
Edlund has earned four Academy Awards for his visual effects work on “Star Wars,” “The Empire Strikes Back,” “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and “Return of the Jedi,” as well as six additional nominations. He has also earned three Scientific and Engineering Awards.
Earlier this year, AMPAS presented the John A. Bonner Medal of Commendation to Edlund in recognition of his significant contributions to the organization. Edlund has also earned an Emmy for creating visual effects for miniseries “Battlestar Galactica,” and an additional nomination for Mike Nichols’ “Angels in America.”
Edlund’s award will be presented at the 22nd Annual ASC Outstanding Achievement Awards, Jan. 26 at the Hollywood & Highland Grand Ballroom.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Film and TV Tax Credits
Visual Effects Society