- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SYDNEY– Zac Efron and Bindi Irwin were the prince and princess of the Aussie version of the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards (KCAs), Wednesday night in Sydney.
Efron, in his second visit Down Under in a month, did triple duty on the night, co-hosting the ceremony alongside Australian girl band, The Veronicas, and picking up two Nick blimps for favorite actor for “Hairspray” and the So Hot Right Now Award for “High School Musical 2.”
Irwin won her awards for Best Greenie and Fave Aussie, dedicating her Fave Aussie award to her dad Steve “The Crocodile Hunter” Irwin who was killed while shooting Bindi’s TV series a year ago.
Now in their fifth year the Aussie KCAs have become a key event on the Australian entertainment calendar. Thousands of kids vote online and through paynet Foxtel’s interactive TV platform for their favorite stars in 18 categories and multiple celebrities walk the Nickelodeon orange carpet, offering themselves up to be slimed in bucketloads of Nickelodeon’s trademark green goo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day