- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — U.K. Producer Shine’s CEO and chairman Elisabeth Murdoch will light up April’s MIPTV with a keynote speech, organizers said Tuesday.
Murdoch’s “Creativity Without Borders” speech will kick off the 45th annual MIPTV market on Monday, April 7 in Cannes.
“[Creativity] is a precursor to commercial success for us all and has the power to transcend all geographical and cultural borders. I’m looking forward to exploring how we as an industry can create the right conditions for it to thrive,” Murdoch said in a statement.
Shine, founded by Murdoch in 2001, is the fourth-largest U.K. production company whose slate includes Emmy-winning “Sugar Rush,” “Masterchef Goes Large” and the “Greatest Britons” Awards.
The Shine Group recently entered exclusive negotiations to buy leading U.S. producer/distributor Reveille, creators of “Ugly Betty,” “The Office: An American Workplace” and “American Gladiators” and the deal is expected to be completed in February.
Before starting up Shine, Murdoch was managing director of BSkyB Networks, in charge of all non-sport output and consumer marketing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day