- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — After years away from the limelight, Eminem might release a new album this year.
The MC said he’s been producing for his Shady Records artists and himself during a recent appearance on his Sirius satellite radio station, Shade 45, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Delicious Vinyl Records. Eminem also interviewed MC Masta Ace, who he’s long noted as an influence.
“I’m concentrating on my own stuff right now — just banging out tracks,” Eminem said. “The more I keep producing, the better it seems I get. I start knowing stuff, learning the boards like the back of my hands.”
A representative for Interscope says there is no official release date nor a first single, but confirms that an album may come before year’s end. Eminem’s last effort, “Encore,” was released in 2004.
In addition, 50 Cent spoke to BBC’s Radio 1 this week and said fans will be “seeing (Eminem) shortly. He’s working. I spent the weekend at his house. Even though he tries to relax and stay home, it’s impossible for him to stay in.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day