- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Reality format creator Endemol said Wednesday it would have a new Middle Eastern production office up and running by the end of November. Endemol Middle East will be based in the United Arab Emirates capital Dubai and will have a branch office in Beirut.
Heading up the new company will be managing director Ziad Kebbi and creative director Dany Karam, who jointly launched the successful local production company Elements TV in the region.
Endemol Middle East will produce all future Endemol formats in the region and has already secured its first commissions from broadcaster LBC. It is expected to make local versions to such hit formats as “Deal or No Deal” and “Star Academy” for broadcasters in the region.
“Endemol has had a strong presence in the Middle East for many years, servicing all the major broadcasters with our key entertainment formats,” said CEO Aat Schouwenaar. “Now we look forward to establishing a production company there, and with the help of Ziad and Dany our new local managers, playing a leading part in the exciting development of this vibrant TV region.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day