- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Television production and sales giant Endemol Shine Group have signed a co-development deal with Endemol Shine China and video platform Youku to create and produce two original non-scripted formats for the Chinese market.
Endemol Shine is one of the world’s leading non-scripted producers, and counts such formats as The Biggest Loser and Big Brother in its catalog. Youku, which is owned by Chinese tech giant Alibaba, is one of China’s leading online video platforms.
The shows, described as “big budget, high-quality” formats with “authentic stories that will resonate in China” but also have global potential, will be developed by Endemol Shine’s Chinese and international teams. Youku will supply feedback via its data analysis of its more than 500 million monthly users.
Neither Endemol Shine nor Youku provide details of the formats or the budgets involved.
Youku will be in spotlighted in Cannes on Monday when Yang Weidong, president of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group, will give a keynote speech at international television market MIPTV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day