- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SAG president Alan Rosenberg soon will announce several endorsements by Hollywood actors backing his re-election campaign, many of whom attended a Rosenberg fund-raiser Sunday at the home of JoBeth Williams.
Among those in attendance — and backing Rosenberg’s re-election fight — were his wife Marg Helgenberger’s “CSI” co-stars William Petersen, George Eads, Jorja Fox and Eric Szmanda. Others newly on board Team Rosenberg include SAG secretary-treasurer Connie Stevens, Ed Asner, Peter Weller, Elliott Gould, Peter Gallagher, Jasmine Guy, Rob Morrow, Victoria Tennant and Jon Tenney.
Rosenberg is opposed in his re-election bid by character actor Seymour Cassel, who also is running for re-election to the SAG board; background actor Barry Simmonds; and Charley M. De La Pena, who has been active in causes related to disabled actors. Cassel previously announced several endorsements of his own, including Steve Buscemi, Jacqueline Bisset and others. Rosenberg previously announced backing from SAG national first vp Kent McCord.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America