- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Canadian producer and distributor Entertainment One on Monday said it has named Allan Leighton, a former board member of U.K. pay TV giant BSkyB, as chairman. He replaces James Corsellis, who will remain a board member.
Entertainment One in 2012 acquired Alliance Films in a deal that created the largest independent film distributor in the U.K. and Canada. The company is involved in such hit franchises as The Hunger Games.
PHOTOS: 25 of the Most Anticipated Films of 2014
“Entertainment One has achieved significant growth over the past few years, and I’m very excited to have the opportunity to be able to join the board at such a critical time to lead the company’s development,” Leighton said.
The company has also added legal expert Linda Robertson to its board, with Corsellis lauding her legal career spanning 30 years, “including significant involvement in the media space.”
Leighton previously served as chairman of Britain’s Royal Mail, CEO of Asda Stores and Walmart Europe, deputy chairman of U.K. retail giant Selfridges and chairman of Lastminute.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day