- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — EvaApollo Media has boarded mega French nature documentary “Amazonia: The Green Planet,” a €17 million ($23 million) production from director Thierry Rogobert of “The White Planet” fame.
EVA has come on board as co-producer, alongside Biloba Filmes, Gullanes Filmes, Gedeon Programmes and France 2 Cinema on the project, which follows an escaped monkey through the Amazon jungle.
EVA subsidiary Atlas International is handling worldwide sales outside France, where Canal Plus is handling distribution, and South America, where Warner Latin America will be releasing the picture.
“Amazonia,” set to begin production this year, is the latest example of EVA’s strategy of combining co-financing and sales duties on higher end international projects. Other titles include Raza Mallal’s cross-cultural romantic comedy “Quick, Slip Me a Bride” and Canadian family film “Sophie” from director Lief Bristow, a coming-of-age story featuring a young girl and her family pet: a two-ton circus elephant.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day