- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC topper Evan Shapiro has added oversight of Rainbow Media Holdings’ newly acquired Sundance Channel.
Shapiro — who was executive vp/GM of IFC, which also is part of Rainbow — has been upped to president of IFC and Sundance, overseeing both cable networks.
In addition, Laura Michalchyshyn, who was Sundance Channel’s executive vp/GM, programming and creative affairs, will stay on at Sundance in her new role as executive vp/GM. Jennifer Caserta, who was executive vp marketing, scheduling and alternative platforms at IFC, will now take the role of executive vp/GM at IFC.
Shapiro will continue to report to Rainbow National Entertainment Services president Ed Carroll. Michalchyshyn and Caserta will report to Shapiro.
“This structure will allow Rainbow to expand its leadership position in the world of independent film while keeping absolutely distinct the brand personalities and programming mandates of these two networks,” Carroll said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day