- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rich Battista, former CEO of Gemstar-TV Guide International, has been named president of Fox National Cable Networks.
In the newly created position, Battista will oversee the company’s national cable programming services, including FX, National Geographic Channel, Fox Movie Channel, Fox Reality Channel, Fuel TV, Speed, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox College Sports, Fox Sports en Espanol, the Big Ten Network (a co- venture with the Big Ten Conference) and Fox Cable Ad Sales.
Battista had been with Gemstar since 2004, leaving the company after it was sold to Macrovision this year.
The move reunites him with Fox, where he held several positions throughout the 1990s and early 2000s (with the exception of a stint as co-founder and CEO of iFuse, a youth culture media company).
Battista will report to Fox Networks Group chairman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra.
“We’ve been looking for the right opportunity for Rich to rejoin our team ever since the Gemstar sale this year,” Vinciquerra said. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day