- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — The 28th annual American Film Market will screen 522 films this year, including 106 world premieres and 364 market premieres.
AFM managing director Jonathan Wolf said the international sales market has sold out all available exhibition space in the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel and Le Merigot Beach Hotel for the fourth consecutive year.
This year’s premieres include Nu Image’s “Mad Money,” starring Katie Holmes; Epic Pictures Group’s “Carnera,” starring F. Murray Abraham; QED International’s “Smart People,” starring Sarah Jessica Parker; and Handmade Films International’s “Tales of the Riverbank,” starring Jim Broadbent.
Other highlights include GreeneStreet Films’ “Bill,” Sidney Kimmel International’s “All God’s Children Can Dance,” Fortissimo’s “Blood Brothers,” Myriad Pictures’ “Death Defying Acts,” Yari Film Group’s “Resurrecting the Champ” and Voltage Pictures’ “Nobel Son.”
More than 3,500 AFM films are listed at the market’s Web site, afmfilms.org. AFM will be held Oct. 31-Nov. 7 in Santa Monica in conjunction with the AFI Fest, held Nov. 1-11 in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day