- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Real-life husband and wife Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly have signed on to play a married couple in “Creation,” Jon Amiel’s film about the life of Charles Darwin.
Bettany will play the British father of evolutionary theory and Connelly will play his wife, Emma, in the big-screen take on the life of the “On the Origin of Species” author.
“John Collee’s compelling script tells the remarkable story behind Darwin’s revolutionary theory and the foundation of a book that changed the world,” producer Jeremy Thomas said. “We think of Darwin as an old man with a gray beard. The reality of our story is very different.”
Amiel’s film portrays Darwin as a man torn between his love for his deeply religious wife and his own growing belief in a world where God has no place.
Collee’s script is based on Randal Keynes’ book “Annie’s Box,” about the life of Darwin, his great-great-grandfather.
Also joining the cast are Jeremy Northam, Toby Jones and Benedict Cumberbatch. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day