- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ty Pennington, host of ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” was arrested on a misdemeanor charge this weekend, documents show.
Pennington, 42, was booked on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and drugs while driving, the TMZ.com Web site reported.
He was arrested shortly after 12:30 a.m. Saturday by the Los Angeles Police Department’s West Traffic Division, according to inmate information posted on the county Sheriff’s Department Web site.
Pennington was released two hours later after posting $5,000 bail and was due back in court June 4, according to the Web site.
Los Angeles police officials said Monday they had no further information.
A phone message left with Pennington’s manager, Bill Stankey, wasn’t immediately returned.
Pennington, the former “Trading Spaces” carpenter, is the author of “Ty’s Tricks: Home Repair Secrets Plus Cheap and Easy Projects to Transform Any Room,” a mixture of handyman tips and how-to projects.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day