- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NEW YORK — Facebook has hired Time Warner advertising solutions expert Mark D’Arcy as director of global creative solutions, effective in early May.
The native of New Zealand will stay in New York and oversee the team that is developing ideas for how marketers can use the social network in their campaigns.
D’Arcy most recently served as president of Time Warner’s global media group, which partners with advertisers “to create and distribute premium content, applications and experiences that build brands and drive business growth,” TW’s Website says.
His move to Facebook was earlier on Monday reported by the Wall Street Journal.
D’Arcy’s job will be to come up with new ways for marketers to interact with Facebook and its users.
The news of his departure from TW comes just weeks after the entertainment conglomerate’s Warner Bros. unit began offering movie rentals via Facebook.
“During his seven years at Time Warner, Mark D’Arcy tirelessly shared his intense creative nature with fellow colleagues throughout the company and with clients across the industry,” Time Warner chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes said. “Mark has left behind a spirit of adventurous thinking from which we will always benefit.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day