- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeffrey Dean Morgan wants to be a loser. The “Watchmen” star is in negotiations to board another comic book project, “The Losers,” from Warner Bros. and Silver Pictures.
Sylvain White is directing the adaptation of the Vertigo/DC Comics book, which follows a special-forces team betrayed by their handler and left for dead. The Losers regroup in the interest of revenge, the opportunity to remove their names from a secret CIA death list and to conduct covert operations against the CIA and its interests.
Morgan would play Clay, the group’s leader, whose signature look favors black suits without ties.
Joel Silver is producing with Akiva Goldsman, Weed Road partner Kerry Foster and Film 44’s Sarah Aubrey.
Peter Berg and James Vanderbilt worked on the script. Gregory Noveck is overseeing for DC. Jessica Goodman is overseeing for Warners.
Scheduling dates are being worked out as Morgan is also shooting the Hammer Films thriller “The Resident” with Hilary Swank.
The actor is beginning the press tour for “Watchmen,” Warners’ adaptation of the DC miniseries, in which he portrays the Comedian, a cigar-chomping vigilante-turned-hero. Morgan, repped by UTA and Precision Entertainment, also appears on “Grey’s Anatomy.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day