- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Online movie ticketing service Fandango is launching a first-ever rewards program that will allow members to amass points before redeeming a $6 credit that can be used for a movie ticket or other Fandango offerings.
Fandango announced the program in advance of the summer box office, which kicks off this year with the release of Avengers: Infinity War on April 27.
It also comes amid the continued growth of MoviePass, the controversial movie theater subscription service that allows consumers to see one movie a day for as low as $6.95 a month.
“We’ve built an expansive movie ecosystem at scale that we will mobilize for our Fandango VIP+ rewards program, helping drive advance ticket purchases and incremental sales for our exhibition and studio partners,” Fandango CMO Adam Rockmore said Tuesday in a statement.
To participate in the Fandango VIP+ rewards program, a ticket buyer needs to be a member of Fandango’s free loyalty program. Members will receive 150 points for every movie ticket purchased. Once they have amassed 600 points, they will receive a $6 discount code that can be used toward future movie ticket purchases, digital movie purchases and rentals on FandangoNOW or movie merchandise offered by Fandango.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day