- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Online movie ticketing service Fandango is launching a first-ever rewards program that will allow members to amass points before redeeming a $6 credit that can be used for a movie ticket or other Fandango offerings.
Fandango announced the program in advance of the summer box office, which kicks off this year with the release of Avengers: Infinity War on April 27.
It also comes amid the continued growth of MoviePass, the controversial movie theater subscription service that allows consumers to see one movie a day for as low as $6.95 a month.
“We’ve built an expansive movie ecosystem at scale that we will mobilize for our Fandango VIP+ rewards program, helping drive advance ticket purchases and incremental sales for our exhibition and studio partners,” Fandango CMO Adam Rockmore said Tuesday in a statement.
To participate in the Fandango VIP+ rewards program, a ticket buyer needs to be a member of Fandango’s free loyalty program. Members will receive 150 points for every movie ticket purchased. Once they have amassed 600 points, they will receive a $6 discount code that can be used toward future movie ticket purchases, digital movie purchases and rentals on FandangoNOW or movie merchandise offered by Fandango.