- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Nielsen Co. has announced that Greg Farrar has been promoted to president of Nielsen Business Media.
Farrar had been in charge of the unit since March, when CEO Robert Krakoff died. Farrar, a 20-year veteran of the company, was COO. He will continue to report to David Calhoun, chairman and CEO of the Nielsen Co.
Nielsen Business Media includes The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard and Adweek, among others.
“Greg is a valued member of our leadership team and has been integral to the growth of Business Media over the last two decades,” Calhoun said. “With his solid track record and proven ability to lead strong businesses and teams, I am confident that Greg will continue to build on this record of success.”
Farrar was named COO of Nielsen Business Media in 2006. He had worked for the company when it was VNU as president of VNU Expositions Group and senior vp business development at VNU Business Media. He also was key to the acquisition of Miller Freeman USA, a business media company with 29 trade magazines and 56 shows and conferences. He had been an infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps before joining the company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day