- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The FBI executed a Chicago search in connection with last year’s celebrity nude photo hack, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
An FBI spokesperson told THR that the raid took place Oct. 16, 2014 and that the investigation is ongoing.
Citing federal court documents, the Chicago Sun-Times reports that the FBI initiated a search of two Chicago residences after suspecting that hackers worked from the homes over the course of several months to infiltrate celebrities’ mobile phones and Apple iCloud accounts and then leak personal photos. The court order to seal the search warrant expired in May.
The federal agency seized several computers, phones, a Kindle and various disks and drives, according to the Sun-Times. Documents indicate that the homes’ residents have not been criminally charged.
In a statement released to THR in September, the FBI confirmed that it was investigating the leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and other celebrities that had surfaced in August.
“Just because I’m a public figure, just because I’m an actress, does not mean that I asked for this,” Lawrence told Vanity Fair in October of the leak, calling the violation “disgusting.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day