- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Feuerstein has signed to star in USA Network’s 90-minute pilot “Royal Pains,” lifting the cast contingency on the project.
Meanwhile, Jace Alexander has come on board to direct.
“Pains,” from the Firm, is a medical show that centers on Hank Lawson (Feuerstein), an ex-ER doctor who becomes the on-call doctor for the rich denizens of the Hamptons.
Feuerstein is “funny and accessible and an incredibly smart actor,” USA executive vp original programming Jeff Wachtel said.
Referencing the stars of USA’s “Monk” and “In Plain Sight,” Wachtel added, “Like Tony Shalhoub and Mary McCormack, Mark has played great characters, and he’s ready to break out in a leading role.”
Alexander also directed the pilot for USA’s “Burn Notice.”
“We had such incredible success with him,” Wachtel said. “He brought such a sense of style, humanity, warmth and humor to (creator Matt Nix’s) great script.”
“Pains,” written and co- executive produced by Andrew Lenchewski, is exec produced by Rich Frank and Paul Frank.
Feuerstein is repped by Gersh and Framework. Alexander is repped by WMA and Fineman.(partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day