- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” is one step closer to syndication.
Twentieth Television is expected to announce shortly that it’s moving forward with a syndicated version of Fox’s primetime game show — produced by Mark Burnett Prods. — targeted for a fall 2009 launch. Jeff Foxworthy, who hosts the primetime version, is expected to host.
A rep for Twentieth declined comment, but the distributor was known to have been developing a syndicated version of the show for several months, and Burnett’s company had been mulling the idea of a syndicated “Fifth Grader” as early as October.
Should a Foxworthy-hosted “Fifth Grader” get cleared for a fall 2009 launch, it would be the second game show in as many years to make the leap from primetime to syndication and with the same host: NBC Universal is launching a syndicated version of NBC’s “Deal or No Deal,” both hosted by Howie Mandel, in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day