- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
THE DATE GAME
Disney is taking its time with “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.” Its adaptation of the popular video game, which has begun filming, was penciled in for release June 19, but the studio is moving its debut by nearly a year to May 28, 2010. … Meanwhile, Overture Films has moved up its John Leguizamo film “Nothing Like the Holidays” by two weeks to Nov. 14 and set Jan. 23 as the release date for the Dustin Hoffman-Emma Thompson romantic dramedy “Last Chance Harvey.”
OLD COLLEGE TRY
The House and Senate passed legislation Thursday that could slow down the digital piracy of movies and music on college campuses. The bill mostly is designed to make college more affordable, but a portion of it requires that federally funded universities providing high-speed Internet networks to students should attempt to use technology to prevent illegal file-sharing on those networks. President Bush is expected to sign the bill.
Roadside Attractions is launching its political docu “I.O.U.S.A.” on Aug. 21 with a “town hall” to be shown in 428 U.S. theaters featuring economic experts Warren Buffett, Pete Peterson and Dave Walker.
Strand Releasing has acquired all North American rights to Luke Eberl’s political thriller “Choose Connor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day