- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TRIGGER eyes COMICS
TriggerStreet.com, the script submission and peer-review site founded by Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti, is branching into comics. The site is partnering with comic book publisher Devil’s Due, the force behind such properties as “Drafted” and “Hack/Slash,” with artists and writers now able to post and solicit feedback via the site. A panel of industry experts will judge the top work, allowing for discovery in a manner similar to the site’s established areas of plays, books and scripts.
LEONARD DEVELOPS AT UNI
Mirage Enterprises development executive Franklin Leonard has joined Universal Pictures as director of development. Leonard, who previously worked at Appian Way, has made the move following this year’s untimely deaths of Mirage principals Anthony Minghella and Sydney Pollack.
12 will visit film lab
Twelve screenwriters have been selected to participate in Film Independent’s annual Screenwriters Lab, which runs today through Sept. 11 in Los Angeles. Writer-producer Meg LeFauve will teach the lab, sponsored by the WGA West and Final Draft. The six-week program will include such guest speakers as Zach Helm, Jonathan Levine, Kasi Lemmons, Jay Duplass, Dianna Ossana and Howard Rodman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day