- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PRODUCTION FOR GREENWOOD
Sarah Greenwood will be recognized as Production Designer of the Year on Oct. 27 at the Hollywood Film Festival’s Awards Gala. Nominated for an Oscar in art direction for “Atonement,” Greenwood has contributed to DreamWorks’ upcoming “The Soloist.”
PRODUCING NODS FOR DUO
Producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald will be honored with the Joseph Plateau Award for Career Achievement in Filmmaking on Oct. 11 at the 35th Ghent International Film Festival in Ghent, Belgium.
PROMOTION FOR O’CONNOR
David O’Connor, an 11-year Universal veteran, has been promoted to the newly created position of senior vp brand management and marketing services at Universal Pictures. He was vp. O’Connor works closely with filmmakers, executives and third-party companies on branding franchise properties as well manages the marketing services team developing cross-platform initiatives and promotions.
NEW DATES FOR NODS
Adding its dates to the growing awards season calendar, the Cinema Audio Society will hold its 45th CAS Awards on Feb. 14. Submissions are due by Dec. 5 and nominations will be announced Jan. 8. … Separately, the New York-based National Board of Review said that it will hold its awards gala Jan. 14 at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day