- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Danny Huston, Shawn Roberts and Bojana Novakovic have joined the Mel Gibson thriller “Edge of Darkness.” Martin Campbell is directing the movie, produced by Graham King and Michael Wearing. “Darkness” centers on a veteran cop (Gibson) whose grown-up child (Novakovic) is murdered on the steps of his home. The cop unearths his daughter’s secret life and discovers a world of corporate cover-ups and government collusion. Huston will play a shady businessman, while Roberts will play the daughter’s distraught boyfriend. Lensing is set to start this month in Massachusetts.
ISAACS TOPS FOUNDATION
Cheryl Boone Isaacs, a governor of the public relations branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, has been re-elected president of the Academy Foundation. She will be serving her second term as president of AMPAS’ educational and cultural arm. Also reprising their roles are executives branch governor Robert Rehme and film editors branch governor Donn Cambern, who were re-elected as vps. Sid Ganis, who is beginning his fourth term as Academy president, was elected treasurer, and executives branch governor Tom Sherak was named secretary. Academy executive director Bruce Davis remains executive secretary.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day