- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. might have given Harry Potter the school year off, but Entertainment Weekly — which shares the studio’s parent company, Time Warner — was unaware, featuring “Potter” star Daniel Radcliffe on the cover of its Aug. 22-29 fall preview issue. The issue leads off with a six-page spread tied to “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” which Warners on Thursday moved from its original Nov. 21 release date to July 17. The studio had been mulling the shift for weeks, “but it really didn’t kind of get on the front-burner until sometime within the last seven days,” Warners distribution president Dan Fellman said Sunday.
ALL ABOUT ALMA
America Ferrera was tapped as Chevy Entertainer of the Year for her role in “Ugly Betty” at the 2008 ALMA Awards, which were taped Sunday at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. The annual ALMA Awards recognize artistic achievement of Latinos in film, television and music. The two-hour event will air Sept. 12 on ABC. For a complete list of winners, go to THR.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day