- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HEARTLAND PUTS ON ‘PAJAMAS’
Miramax’s “The Boy in the Striped Pajamas” will serve as the opening-night film at the 2008 Heartland Film Festival, which runs Oct. 16-24 in Indianapolis. Written and directed by Mark Herman, the film revolves around the friendship between a Jewish boy held in a German concentration camp and the son of a Nazi commandant.
ASPEN GOES ‘GENIUS’
Marc Abraham’s “Flash of Genius” will screen as the opening-night film at the 30th annual Aspen Filmfest, which runs Sept. 24-28 in Aspen and Carbondale, Colo. The fest’s program includes “Remembering Sydney Pollack,” a tribute to the late director-producer that will include a screening of “Tootsie.”
HAMBURG FETES EGOYAN
Atom Egoyan will receive the Douglas Sirk Prize from the Filmfest Hamburg. Wim Wenders will pay tribute to Egoyan on Sept. 27 before the German premiere of the helmer’s latest film, “Adoration,” which screened In Competition at May’s Festival de Cannes.
Laurent Cantet’s “The Class” will close Montreal’s Festival du Nouveau Cinema on Oct. 18. The 37th edition of the festival kicks off Oct. 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day