- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fremantle goes Beyond
FremantleMedia has acquired a 19.9% stake in “Mythbusters” producer Beyond International, one of Australia’s largest independent TV production and distribution outfits. Fremantle’s stake in Beyond, bought for an undisclosed amount, was acquired from private-equity group Mariner Financial, which failed in its bid this year to take over the entirety of Beyond.
WIGGLES TOPS in OZ
Children’s entertainers the Wiggles are the top-earning entertainers in Australia for the fourth year running, earning AUS$45 million ($36.9 million) in 2007. The total earnings of Australia’s biggest entertainment exports declined 9.9% to AUS$358 million ($293 million), largely thanks to the rise of the Australian dollar against the U.S. dollar, up from 82 cents a year ago to 96 cents. Singer Kylie Minogue was second, followed by actors Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman.
GRASS VALLEY IS GREENER
Grass Valley, a unit of France-based Thomson, is selling its digital film transfer business to private investors led by Parter Capital Group. The sale includes its popular Spirit film scanners as well as Bones digital intermediate tools and LUTher color space management product.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day