- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ELLISON CAPS ‘TOOTH’
Chase Ellison has joined the cast of Fox’s family comedy “Tooth Fairy,” which stars Dwayne Johnson, Ashley Judd and Julie Andrews. Ellison plays Randy, son of Judd’s character, who forms a bond with his mom’s minor-league hockey player boyfriend, Derek (Johnson), whose nickname is “The Tooth Fairy.” But that bond changes when Derek discourages Randy and is sentenced to act as a real tooth fairy, complete with tutu and wings. Production begins Friday in Vancouver with Michael Lembeck directing.
The 17th annual Heartland Film Festival, set for Oct. 16-24 in Indianapolis, will screen 60 films, including five — “Amal,” “Captain Abu Raed,” “Karla’s World,” “Second Hand Wedding” and “Terra” — competing for the $100,000 grand prize for best dramatic feature.
STONE BACK IN SCHOOL
Oliver Stone has been named to the new post of artistic director of the New York University Tisch School of the Arts Asia, whose campus is in Singapore, the school said Tuesday. Stone, a Tisch alumnus, will teach courses and conduct workshops on the Asian campus.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day